Post-Conference Safari Departure Wednesday 10th May 2017
- R11 900 per person (US$920 per person) – sharing
- R14 700 per person (US$1 130 per person) – single
- 2 days, 2 nights
- A minimum of four guests are needed to run the tour
- Accommodation is at Kambaku Safari Lodge http://www.kambakulodge.com/kambaku.php
- Included: transfers, accommodation, meals, drinks & game activities, soft drinks & local beer, conservation fees
- Excluded: house wines & spirits, laundry & gratuities
- Arrival: you will be collected from Skukuza on the 10th of May (we suggest that you fly into Skukuza Airport to attend the conference)
- Departure: we suggest you fly from Hoedspruit airport to Johannesburg (OR Tambo) on the 12th May
- Book flights with SA Airlink. www.saairlink.co.za
Wednesday 10th May
After a great conference in the Kruger, we are sure you are ready for a little down-time on safari! You are headed to one of the best safari destinations in South Africa!
The conference sessions finish at midday on Wednesday the 10th. Straight after the conference ends, your guide will be waiting to take you through to your home for the next two nights, Kambaku Safari Lodge. The transfer is a good 3 hours, so the sooner you depart the better. We would like to get you into camp before the afternoon game drive heads out. We will finalize times closer to the conference.
Kambaku is situated in the famous Timbavati Nature Reserve which forms a part of the Kruger Park. It is a private reserve and has some of the best game viewing in South Africa. We have no doubt your hosts will welcome you with open arms and make you feel right at home. Settle in before you go out on your first game drive. Drives are conducted in open vehicles with knowledgeable guides.
Thursday 11th May
A day on safari goes like this
You will rise early for your morning game drive. The game drives try to leave before sunrise so as to improve your chances of finding animals before the heat of the day. In the morning the wildlife is at its most active and you might be lucky to find a predator still moving about after its nightly activity.
The morning drive will bring you back to camp where you will enjoy brunch and have time to relax in camp during the middle of the day. The wonderful thing about Kambaku Lodge is that it is still owner run by Bryce and Nicola. This means that they really care about their guests and will strive to ensure you get the very best experience possible from your time at the lodge.
Teatime is followed by an afternoon drive which stops off somewhere in the bush for “sundowners” and continues back to camp after dark. This is when they will use a spotlight to try and locate nocturnal mammals, as well as the predators that move around at night. You will be back in camp in time to freshen up before dinner. If weather permits, dinner will be under the stars.
Friday 12th May
Sadly it’s your last day in camp. You are heading home today. We hope you have enjoyed the safari as much as we have enjoyed putting it together. You will have plenty of time to enjoy one last morning game activity, followed by brunch, before heading to the airport for your flight back to Johannesburg.
The two flights from Hoedspruit airport to Johannesburg (OR Tambo) are:
|SA1226||dep HOEDSPRUIT: 12:00||arr JHB: 13:00|
|SA1228||dep HOEDSPRUIT: 13:55||arr JHB: 14:55|
Your guide will collect you from the lodge and take you through to the airport in time to catch your flight back to Johannesburg. The time will be confirmed closer to the time of the Conference.
Until next time!
What to bring:
- A good hat for the sun (the 4×4’s do not have a cover so you do get a lot of sun)
- A comfy pair of shoes and neutral coloured clothing (you may get off the vehicle and go for short walks with your guide if the opportunity arises)
- Insect repellent and long trousers in the evening (this is a malaria region and these items can help reduce the risk in early morning and evening)
- Warm clothing for your game drives. Jacket, beanie and scarf. It can get cold on the back of an open vehicle
- A good book to read while you are relaxing in camp
If you feel that you would like to leave a gratuity for your guide, tracker or staff at the lodge, then you are welcome to do so at your own discretion. It is common to leave a gratuity for your guide and tracker which can be given directly to them and should you wish to tip the camp staff please discuss this with your hosts in camp.
You will be visiting a high risk Malaria area. Please consult your travel doctor regarding prophylactics.
Kambaku Safari Logde 2016 fact sheet, click to download